- Gives individuals who are panhandling the opportunity to experience the dignity of work and begin the process to better their own lives.
- Connects our downtown panhandling population with much needed services and opportunities for stabilization.
- Creates an impactful, visible program to end panhandling and encourage potential citizens who donate to individuals who are panhandling about “better ways” to re-focus their own compassion and support for the men and women who are panhandling that they encounter in our city.
Staffed with Two drivers — a van donated by STA will canvass the downtown core for panhandlers who will receive.
- Volunteer work experience.
- A sack lunch and transported to volunteer worksites chosen by the city’s parks and rec., streets or solid waste.
- A stipend and information about employment services, treatment, emergency shelters and housing.
The Hope Works program is designed to help our well-intended citizens refocus their compassion away from panhandling and toward programs that offer long-term solutions.